Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Crab with the Golden Claws: Casterman to release "Le Crabe aux pinces d'or - Édition spèciale 80 ans"

jock123
#1 · Posted: 28 Oct 2021 08:33
To celebrate the 80th anniversary of the arrival of Captain Haddock, Casterman have announced the release of a special edition of his debut story, Le Crabe aux pinces d'or (The Crab with the Golden Claws).
It features a vintage-style dark red binding-strip on the spine, and utilises an unused design for the cover by Hergé, showing Haddock, Tintin and Snowy crossing the desert.
In addition the book will contain an eight-page section on the making of the adventure.
It is released on the 10th of November, 2021.

Sadly there won't be an English edition at this time, but look out for Blistering Barnacles!, the forthcoming book of Haddock's curses, which will be the first major new release of a Tintin-related title from Farshore, the imprint of HarperCollins which now handles the series. It is available from th 11th of November, 2021.
Rhods1989
#2 · Posted: 28 Oct 2021 10:10
Thanks very much for sharing this! I love the cover, it looks fantastic. I'm hoping it will come out in English at some point. With the colourised release of 1932 Tintin in America last year, it gives me hope they'll release some more editions of the canon at some point soon...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!