Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favorite Tintin book cover?

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

jayesh_gokhale
#1 · Posted: 2 Jan 2005 13:09
Hi!

Which is your most favourite cover page? Mine was The Cigars of the Pharaoh - It was very depictive of the mystery of the Cigars and the Mummies.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 2 Jan 2005 15:23
I have two joint favourites - The Blue Lotus and Tintin In Tibet covers - for their incredible artwork.
Dark Gallon
#3 · Posted: 2 Jan 2005 15:55
New user here!
My two favourites are: Cigars of the Pharaoh (for the same reason) and Red Sea Sharks (the artwork is incredible, just like the idea [and the effect] of looking through a lens).
I think that the cover of "Shooting Star" is the worst. For those who doesn't read the book, it just looks like nonsense.
(Sorry for the bad english, my native language is portuguese)
Cheers
MoonRocket
#4 · Posted: 2 Jan 2005 16:49
Probably Explorers on the Moon and Tintin in Tibet. Sometimes, we forget what a great artist Hergé was when it came down to portraying landscapes.

My least favorite is probably Secret of the Unicorn, just because that circle in the center with the Unicorn is out of place.
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 13:58
For me it's 'Destination Moon' I can just imagine Calculus shouting 'Look what the Goat created', over the noise of the jeep.

The artwork on the gantries is very well done also.
GurraJG
#6 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 18:12
My favorite is definately The Blue Lotus, mainly because of its fantastic artwork.

-Gustav
kirthiboy
#7 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 20:01
My favourite cover is "The Black Island". I love the colours, the artwork and the whole feel.
OJG
#8 · Posted: 3 Jan 2005 22:56
I think King Ottokar's Sceptre has to be my favourite, though there are many good ones. I agree with MoonRocket that Secret of the Unicorn is poor because of the circle, with the murky yellow background not working for me either.
saumya16
#9 · Posted: 7 Jan 2005 03:20
hi all my favourite is red rackham's treasures i was facinated by the shark submarine and the underwater world for years while growing up
Jyrki21
#10 · Posted: 11 Jan 2005 03:25
The Calculus Affair has to be the most unique one, huh?

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!