Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of the Soviets: Page numbering problems?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

pbl
#11 · Posted: 20 Apr 2005 13:33
Thanks very much for your feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

Just to clarify, the first page of the story begins on page 4 in my English 1999 edition book and were I to count pages back, this would make the front cover page 1. It seems that Freek's Dutch copy has an inserted page between the cover and the start of the book, and that makes more sense. If I count the front cover as page 1, page 2 (back side of cover) contains a forward by the translators, page 3 contains the title again, and page 4 (back side of page 3) is the beginning of the story proper.

Also, I have counted all the pages and none are missing. It numbers to 141 but in fact there are 141 - 4 = 137 pages.

It's a strange thing, all these versions and variations!
dr01
#12 · Posted: 12 Sep 2022 23:59
Moderator Note: Combined two consecutive posts.

Have three copies of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets. Little Brown Edition, Egmont Edition, and finally the Casterman B&W facsimile edition -w ith missing page 96A. All are numbered differently.

The Egmont edition I have has the pages numbered starting at 4 - but with the Casterman/Last Gasp 1981 edition the numbers start at 1 on page 2.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!