Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Tintin inspired, uh, food...

george
#1 · Posted: 22 Apr 2023 22:03
As I took this picture nearly ten years ago I'm somewhat Tardi (see what I did there?) in sharing this.

Four of these are directly Tintin related but I can't make a connection for the others. I'm no liguist but that's a lot of mushrooms on offer. Le Capitaine for me, sans the endless champignons.

As far as I can recall this was in Vichy, which is lovely despite its unfortunate role some 80 years ago.

(Googling for Hergé and Vichy won't find where this pizzaria is, just endless 'exclusive' articles about collaboration)

george
jock123
#2 · Posted: 23 Apr 2023 10:09
george:
I'm somewhat Tardi (see what I did there?)

You made one of your "fromage"-y jokes... ;-)
Nice find!
mct16
#3 · Posted: 23 Apr 2023 14:53
I tried to find this pizzeria, but no luck. There is, on the other hand, Tintin and the Brussels Club restaurant in Kolkata, India.
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 9 Oct 2023 23:49
mct16:
I tried to find this pizzeria, but no luck. There is, on the other hand, Tintin and the Brussels Club restaurant in Kolkata, India.

Well, the food isn't bad. The restaurant itself is managed by a lovely couple who loved the Tintin comics and wanted to create a place where Tintin fans could meet and have fun together. They mainly serve Belgian cuisine in a Tintin themed environment and while the dishes themselves aren't something particularly Tintin related (apart from being Belgian of course), I liked the aesthetic of the place when I went there before the pandemic started. They also have a club where members often met to discuss the Tintin stories and to watch the old movies together.

Since then, I heard that they had to relocate to a smaller place because of monetary constraints. But they are one of the only places that do serve Belgian cuisine in our city so I hope they are doing well now.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!