Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Digital Editions: New English translations by Michael Farr

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 13 Feb 2024 14:16
stormcrow:
they have already replied stating that it is an error and will be amended

But amendedn which way? Do they see the Westermouth sign as the error, or the inclusion of Saint-Nazaire in the dialogue?

Good of you to do the research though, so thanks for that! :-)
stormcrow
#32 · Posted: 16 Feb 2024 08:17
Sorry for the delay in replying..

From what I can tell Tintinimaginatio are bringing elements of the the French and English books inline. As previously mentioned, they are now using some of the French place names (although Marlinspike etc stays the same) but I spotted that the flipped numberplate in 'The Broken Ear' is now 168091 (the same as the French albums)instead of MW691.

I have been in contact directly with Yves Fevrier at Tintinimaginatio as I have found a number of mistakes in the latest versions of the digital books:

Broken Ear - Page 11, cell A4 (the number plate is wrong, showing the original MW691 plate and not 168091 that is used in the rest of the scene.

Seven Crystal Balls - Page17, cell B3 the newspaper is missing the story text under the headline.

Red Sea Sharks - Page 3, cell D2 the letter has no text (It shows a blank piece of paper) and on page 11, cell A2 the newspaper advert has no text in it.

Yves informed me that it will be investigated and rectified.

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!