Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin reference book (Dutch): Kuifje in Portugal

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 11 Jan 2005 16:42
If you would like to have a complete study about Tintin in Portugal and Brazilia you must buy the book "Tintin in Portugal"
It's in Dutch , 58 Pages with a lot of full colored Images. Author is Jan Aarnout Boer from the Dutch Tintin Club "Hergé Genootschap". There are only 300 Books Published . For more details , please go to : www.kuifje.nl
jock123
#2 · Posted: 11 Jan 2005 16:51
Sadly my Dutch is limited to buying train tickets and food and drink, so I will have to pass on this opportunity.

Perhaps you could offer us poor English speakers an idea of what the book is about - does it look at the books in Portugese, and offer a prce guide, or is it a study of how Portugese people relate to Tintin, or what?
sponsz
#3 · Posted: 11 Jan 2005 19:02
Please have a look at: http://www.hg-online.info/hg/sapperloot/sl05.htm.
It's the History of the Publications from Tintin in Portugal (Brazil), with a lot of unique and unpublicited documents.
--
[Post edited by Admin: combined two consecutive posts.]
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 10 Aug 2005 18:59
I came across this book quite recently and acquired a copy. I thought some might be interested in a little of what it contains.

Even if you can’t understand Dutch - and I can’t even order train tickets or food to save my life - it’s still a feast for the eyes with dozens of colour reproductions of the various comics and magazines which published Tintin in Portugal and Brazil.

By all accounts the Portuguese were the first country to publish Tintin outside of the French-speaking world, beginning the “Aventuras de Tim-tim” in O Papagaio as early as 1936 and - another first - in full colour!

Two of the title changes from the O Papagaio run are interesting; Tintin in the Congo becomes Tim-tim em Angola (Angola was still under Portuguese colonial rule), Crab turns into Tim-tim no Deserto (Tintin in the Desert). Snowy is known as Rom-rom. Other magazines continued with those names until they began issuing Tintin magazine in the late 60s. The recent Portuguese books have finally settled on a compromise between the two - Tintim...

Despite not really being a “book”, more an A4 sized booklet, it’s still a fine piece of scholarship (from what I could fathom of it!) by Jan Aarnout Boer of the Dutch Hergé Society (Genootschap). Perhaps, with the author’s permission, some extracts could be translated and made available somewhere here - watch this space!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!