Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Pirated Tintin (Chinese): Yuanfang edition

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 10:07
Published by "YUANFANG PUBLISHING COMPANY OF CHINA "(?). The company published only 10.000 copies of this series. There are 2 books per series,including all stories ,800 pages,edited in 2004.
http://users.pandora.be/tintin/TintinYuanFang%20publishing.jpg
jock123
#2 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 12:08
Ah, Colonel! How do you do it? You must have a network all over the globe, to be able to bring information about all these foreign-language editions (of course, Chinese may not be a foreign language to you, although I am guessing that as you are located in Belgium that it is).

Do you collect them, because I am not certain what the “800 pages” refers to? Do they contain other stories than the ones shown on the cover, or have they split them down into a frame a page, perhaps to accommodate the Chinese text?
sponsz
#3 · Posted: 27 Jan 2005 19:02
Hi Jock123 , I never saw the comics , I presume that they put all the Tintin Stories in 2 Books. I hope to get those books in a few weeks ,
and I will be able to answer your question.
snafu
#4 · Posted: 3 Mar 2005 07:39
Although I don't really read simplified Chinese (I read a little traditional Chinese), where are the actual titles?!
Are there any other ways to tell that these books are pirate editions?
Anyway, why is "The Adventures of Tintin" written in large print? In all other editions that I've seen, those words are in small print, and the larger font is reserved for the actual title.
--
[From Moderator marsbar: currently, the official mainland Chinese edition of Tintin is published by China Children's Publishing House - 中国少年儿童出版社 - zhongguo shaonian ertong chubanshe - albums published by anyone else are pirates.]
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 3 Mar 2005 08:22
Any idea where these can be purchased from?
Rik

--
Moderator note: Tintinologists are asked not to ask for help with finding unauthorized Tintin-related items, or post information on where to find such items. Please do not place Tintinologist.org in the position of being perceived as condoning any illegal activity.
sponsz
#6 · Posted: 4 Mar 2005 15:05
This edition is new (sept 2004), in simplified chinese, from Inner Mongolia (capital = Huhot).
The name is "Yuan Fang Publishing house"
The name of Tintin is like all the other Tintin (in chinese - DingDing)
There is mentioned 22 stories of TT + 5 stories of Jo, Zette and Jocko
A DVD is sold alongside .

This topic is closed.