Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin record attempt: the largest album

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 27 Mar 2005 12:05
Following the release in Alcot, a Brussels dialect, of The Castafiore Emerald, the pages of the book are being produced in A0 size - 841 × 1189 cm - and being put in shop windows to resemble a giant album. The aim is to produce the biggest Tintin comic ever created. The Guinness Book of Records will be contacted so this record can be approved.

From Alcot - Les Berlokes del Castafiore
sponsz
#2 · Posted: 27 Mar 2005 12:13
"Alcot" is a dialect from "Nivelles" , not from Brussels
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 27 Mar 2005 15:52
Yes but the biggest Tintin comic created ever is a pretty flimsy record, the biggest comic ever would have been better.

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 27 Mar 2005 18:08
I think it sounds really interesting, actually - I think it's great to see Tintin getting a proper amount of media coverage ! :)
OJG
#5 · Posted: 27 Mar 2005 21:05
That's pretty cool. It'b be interesting to see an attempt made at the world's smallest ever Tintin comic as well!
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#6 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 13:16
I assume the recent foreign language Casterman editions would be in the running for that title, as would the mini B+W facsimiles released by Rombaldi.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 17:31
That's pretty cool. It'b be interesting to see an attempt made at the world's smallest ever Tintin comic as well!

Why not have an attempt yourself? A lot easier than producing the biggest if you have a printer at home.

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#8 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 19:02
That's a brilliant idea, Rik ! I might try it out when I get back to the UK !
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 19:30
That's a brilliant idea, Rik ! I might try it out when I get back to the UK !

Great, then I can smash it with an even smaller one the day after!

Records like this and the largest Tintin comic won't make it into the book but you may get a certificate from Guiness, but even then there is no guarantee.

I thought myself of breaking the continuously singing Elvis songs for 40 hrs

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#10 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 14:41
Heh heh ... that should be interesting, Rik ! I can imagine the books getting smaller and smaller as the competition continues ! I don't expect they'd make it into the book, either, though ! :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!