Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintinologists' Review of the Year 2004

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#11 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 11:17
The next big thing will be Hergé's 100th anniversary, in my opinion.
jockosjungle
#12 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 12:51
Yes I see that "Hergé 100" will be the next one celebrated unless they do something to tie in with an exhibition such as a Tintin in Tibet 50th Anniversary.

Rik

PS. "Hergé 100" has a good ring to it, I should probably copyright it as my idea before Moulinsart steal it
snafu
#13 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 14:10
Tintinuk, we agree perfectly on the same thing! When I meant "next 25 years", I basically meant "Tintin100"

BTW, there should also be special celebrations for the anniversaries "The Blue Lotus", since that story is a favorite for many people.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 14:17
Snafu, the centenary of Hergé (as per tintinuk) is in 2007 - Tintin 100 won't be until 2029!

There will be a lot of activity both in the run up to, and during 2007: the museum will be opening, for one thing, and the plan is to have all the Tintin books available in English. No need to wait for 2029!

Rik, you are ever the optimist, but I think you might lose a copyright battle over your use of "Hergé"...!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!