Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Which Tintin character are you most like?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

snafu
#1 · Posted: 31 Mar 2005 15:49
Not asking who is your favorite character, but whom do you think is most like you? For me, it is probably Oliveira da Figueira. Just as one can expect da Figueira to have just about everything to everyone around him. Information? Western goodies? Pots and other stuff? Oliveira da Figueira's the one! Not to mention that he likes being in exotic locations where he is so far from people really like him.

By the way, even if this post is more than a year old, there is no such thing as this thread being dead! It could always be revitalized with a new posting every now and then!
Aldora
#2 · Posted: 1 Apr 2005 10:57
Hmmmm..... good question. I think, even though I'm female, I am most like Sophocles Sarcophagus before and after he went mad. I've been told on countless occasions that I am out of my mind, and I can be so absent minded... once i put the dishwasher on when it was only half stacked and I didn't even put any washing powder in. Yup, Rameses II portrays me almost perfectly........
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#3 · Posted: 1 Apr 2005 17:34
Right, let me think about this for a moment ... Hmmm ... I would probably like to think I'm most like Tintin [wouldn't we all ? ;)] - but in reality I'm probably more like Captain Haddock ! I have a bit of a short-temper sometimes, and I let anger get the best of me !
blessedlightning
#4 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 04:35
but in reality I'm probably more like Captain Haddock ! I have a bit of a short-temper sometimes, and I let anger get the best of me !

lol. I think there's a Captain Haddock in all (most) of us at times! I personally wouldn't/can't identify with any of the characters on a fundamental/basic level. I think I adopt varying characteristics of the differnt characters at different times. For example, when I lose my temper I'm in the Haddock mindset, when I ask stupid questions the Thom/psons', when I'm aloof the Professor etc. I'm quite a thoughtful person and as such at times I empthise/identify with Tintin himself in that regard. In short, my character/personality isn't really like any one characters but more a hybrid of different characters.
tintinfreak0075
#5 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 05:49
For me Haddock is definately the best character. Without him Tintin stories would only be half-interesting. I mean, you don't hear "Tin hatted tyrants" everywhere,do you ?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#6 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 10:46
tintinfreak0075 - please don't go too far off-topic ! This topic is about which character you are most like, not your favourite character ! ;o)

For favourite characters, please see these related topics :

Favourite Tintin characters
Favourite Tintin villains
vlghltlh
#7 · Posted: 10 Apr 2005 04:10
Hmmm....how about a combination of a slightly-less-intelligent Tintin, a slightly-less-clumsy Captain, a slightly-less-nerdy (and much less deaf) Professor Calculus, a slightly-less musical Castafiore, and Irma, if there ever was such a thing - y'know what I mean? Lol.
Karaboudjan
#8 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 19:02
Ashamed as I am to say it, I'm more than a little like Castafiore...
vlghltlh
#9 · Posted: 17 Apr 2005 06:03
Ashamed as I am to say it, I'm more than a little like Castafiore...

Except she wouldn't be very ashamed to say it :)
Karaboudjan
#10 · Posted: 17 Apr 2005 11:20
I like to think my singing is at least palatable, *grins*.

Although I'm not a fashion plate like she is, I do have a very butterfly brain. And despite the others teasing her or sending her up behind her back, she is actually one of the most generous characters. Archie can be totally horrible to her, but she still considers him a friend.

I think I'm like that too, although whether through a forgiving nature or stupidity/a thick skin, I still don't know.

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!