Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite/ Least Favourite Tintin Moment?

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#51 · Posted: 15 May 2005 11:43
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many of their wallets Aristides nicked?
calculus132
#52 · Posted: 15 May 2005 12:57
12. I checked.
Hoxha
#53 · Posted: 19 May 2005 03:45
Some good Captain Haddock moments:

1) Running to catch the plane in "Tintin in Tibet" and going up the wrong set of stairs.

2) Diving into the sea without his diving helmet on in "Red Rackham's Treasure."

3) The whole beginning of "Seven Crystal Balls" with the monocle, horseback riding, and turning water into wine.
fatwasp
#54 · Posted: 19 Jun 2005 21:36
Favourite moments:

Red Rackham's Treasure - when Calculus asks if he saw a shark and Haddock replies, "No - it was a grand piano!"

Tintin and the Picaros - using the float to stop Thompson and Thomson's excecution.

Prisoners of the Sun
- when Haddock watches the man flick the elastic band into his face.
Also when the Captain makes it over the river without falling in, before realising it's the wrong bridge!

My other great moment is when Haddock says, "That stuff usually happens to me!", but I can't remember where it is from! It's frustrating me now.

Least favourite moment:
Has to be the ending to Flight 714, I love the book but the alien ending just seems too ridiculous to me.
fritzette
#55 · Posted: 20 Jun 2005 11:37
My favorite Tintin moments would be... in Blue Lotus wherein he disguised himself as a Japanese general while Snowy was hidden under his uniform to look like a big belly... in Prisoner of the Sun when he saved himself and his companions from an Inca sacrifice by "commanding" an eclipse!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#56 · Posted: 20 Jun 2005 12:02
prisoners of the sun - when haddock watches the man flick the elastic band into his face.
when the captain makes it over the river without falling in, before realising its the wrong bridge.

Aren't these in Tintin in Tibet?

my other great moment is when haddock says "that stuff usually happens to me" but i can't remember where it is from! its frustrating me now.

I could be wrong as I don't have the book to hand, but I think this is in Destination Moon. Calculus has some plaster lodged in his ear-trumpet after the shell has exploded near his room. In dislodging it, it hits Mr Baxter in the face, and I think Haddock says it here.

Ed
fatwasp
#57 · Posted: 20 Jun 2005 19:28
Aren't these in Tintin in Tibet?

haha yes they are, good call!
Danagasta
#58 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 15:48
My favorite Tintin moment is the hypnotism sequence in Flight 714. I can't help but sing "Come Sail Away"when I think about it LOL. That book is just weird enough to be great.
sleepyirv
#59 · Posted: 25 Jun 2005 18:51
Favorite moment: In the Calculus Affair, where Tintin is driving the tank and is approaching what look's like an impendrable road route.... then smashes through the guard house.

Least Favorite moment: The aliens in Flight 714, a bit too sci-fi for me. (And I like Moon series too!)
Fungry
#60 · Posted: 26 Jun 2005 05:12
One of my favourite moments would probaly have to be when Thompson and Thomson are walking through Hukow wearing 'disguises' while the whole town follows laughing at them. There are some funny parts in the Congo adventure but at the same time there pretty sad.
My least favourite moment is in the Congo when Tintin causes a train accident then gets the trains passengers to put it back on the rails.

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!