Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin wall fresco in Brussels

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 13 Jul 2005 16:37
A new fresco is to be unveiled on the 20th of July at 5pm on rue de l'Etuve (a couple of steps from the Mannekin Pis and near the Grand Place). It's a scene from The Calculus Affair and shows Tintin, Snowy and Haddock climbing down the fire escape of the Hotel Zsnôr.

There's a photo of it here with the scaffolding still surrounding it. It seems the unveiling of the fresco will coincide with the opening of the Tintin Festival. It joins the many other comic strip frescoes on buildings around Brussels - see here for a list of them with photos.
snafu
#2 · Posted: 13 Jul 2005 17:59
If I'm correct, I think there are also some murals in the Brussels metro dedicated to Tintin. I don't have any good links specifically about that, though.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 13 Jul 2005 19:54
Anyone know which stops on the Metro have the murals, I'll take some pics while I'm there.

I guess i'll be at the unveiling as well, I'll give a full report if I can (if I have net access at the hotel)

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 13 Jul 2005 20:48
It's at Stockel. There's some postcards of the mural here. And if you search for "Tintin Stockel" on Google Image Search, it comes up with a few actual photographs.
marsbar
#5 · Posted: 14 Jul 2005 07:56
Ah, and don't forget to check out our very own Tintinologist Gallery - see the "Tintin sites in Brussels" album for some nice photos taken by Harrock n roll! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!