Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

My Tintin-inspired music

fatwasp
#1 · Posted: 27 Jul 2005 16:47
Hey everyone, just seeing what you thought of this:
http://www.myspace.com/tincancontraption
It's some music I made on the computer, inspired by Tintin.
Just thought you might like to hear it.
- Tom
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 30 Jul 2005 01:01
I like those ! I find myself keep playing 'Drinking Black Gold', it suits the setting of the story so well. I don't know whether you had it in mind when you wrote it, but to me it seems to me to correspond best to the sequence when Tintin climbs through the fireplace and into the underground bunker to find Abdullah.

I think it's great that Tintin can inspire people to compose music based on the books. There's such a wide range, from the television series, to the musical stageshow's score, to your own compositions, all of them conveying a specific scene or the general atmosphere of the world of Hergé. And of course, they provide good music to read the books by !
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#3 · Posted: 30 Jul 2005 10:46
Wow ! Those are really good. They seem to capture the spirit of the books well. I agree with what Richard said as well, those pieces really accompany the stories well.

I might try writing some Tintin music at some point, although I doubt it would be as good as your creations. Well done fatwasp ! ;o)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!