Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite/ Least Favourite Tintin Moment?

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Olliephant
#1 · Posted: 19 May 2004 18:48
Hello everybody, hope you are all well!

I expect this question has already been asked in the past but while scanning through all the postings etc, I could not find a question posed asking people what their favourite Tintin moment(s) are. I see there are top 10 lists of actual favourite albums, but how about a top 3 list (yes, very difficult to whittle down!) of moments in Tintin? I would be very interested to hear other people's suggestions.

Although I have kinda given mine away in an earlier posting, I myself would have to say that mine are all humorous moments that all involve Captain Haddock, who I consider to be the greatest character of them all:

> 3: Captain Haddock drinking Whiskey at 0 gravity, p.6 Explorers on the Moon.

> 2: In Red Sea Sharks, p.28 where Haddock gets a face full of porridgy gunk after putting his head through the window.

> 1: Has to be Captain Haddock's failure to alert Tintin by whistling in Tibet (p.56).

For that matter does anyone have any suggestions for least favourite Tintin moments?
- Ollie
GurraJG
#2 · Posted: 19 May 2004 19:07
Oh boy, that is a hard question. I really don't know! But I do have to agree with you that Captain Haddocks Whisky drinking at 0 gravity is fun.

-Gustav
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 19 May 2004 20:01
Tricky but I think mine would be;

3. The waterfall sequence from Prisoners of the Sun

2. Arriving at the plane wreckage in Tibet

1. Tintin and Haddock staking out the summerhouse in The Seven Crystal Balls

Least favourite moments - Tintin shooting and blowing up animals in Congo
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 20 May 2004 07:40
I can't think of my favourite moments, but I thought Tintin killing all those antelope (he thought there was one) in the Congo was hilarious. (In no way am I condoning violence to animals or poaching, but Congo was slapstick, like much of cinema at the time).

I'll look for my favourite Tintin moments in the meantime and get back to you soon...
Blunderbuss
#5 · Posted: 20 May 2004 16:11
My favourites at the moment that spring to mind are the eclipse trick in 'Prisoners Of The Sun', all the stuff with the sticking plaster in 'The Calculus Affair', and the spider on the lens in 'The Shooting Star'.

Least favourite - I suppose Tintin learning to speak elephant in 'Cigars' is a bit much, though I like it in a way. It's slightly too surreal for the rest of the story though.
Olliephant
#6 · Posted: 20 May 2004 23:10
Wow Blunderbuss, you have really thrown the cat among the pigeons!!! Totally agree with the sticky plaster and of course in the same book where Haddock insecticides himself. Bit annoyed with myself for having forgot them!!
I reckon limiting to 3 is a bit harsh of me...can I please add another couple and make make it 5 fav moments?! Of course I can, I set the question... from now on, 5...
DERFALLBIENLEIN
#7 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 11:38
I just wanted to add one of my own favourite moments which is in Red Rackham's Treasure where Professor Calculus asks Captain Haddock if he has just seen a shark in the water to which Captain Haddock replies "No, it was a grand piano!" Sarcasm, I love it!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#8 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 11:50
One of my favourite Haddock moments is in "Destination Moon", when he refers to the Moon rocket as "that honky-tonk Calculus-machine" - a moment of genius from the translators that makes me smile every time. Also in "Explorers on the Moon" when he tells Wolff that the cock-and-bull story from Jorgen "would make a cat laugh"!
marsbar
#9 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 12:13
One of my favourite moments is in "The Blue Lotus", when Thomson and Thompson hands the warrant of Tintin's arrest to the Chinese authorities. The document reads: 'In case you haven't noticed, we are lunactics and this proves it!'
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 12:43
OOoh so many to choose from so not really a top 3 just my fave moments, I've gone for mostly humour.

When Calculus is trying to sell the idea of his sub to Haddock but being deaf he cannot hear him, in the end he writes it on the wall.

In The Broken Ear, Tintin being made a Colonel (or is it Major) by General Alcazar and the other officer suggesting he make him a corporal, I forget the actual numbers, but they had very few corporals and a stupidly large number of higher ranks.

Tintin educating the Congo natives on their country of Belgium! Not sure why but it made me laugh, never been a big fan of colonialism and it just shows the mentality of the day.

In the Blue Lotus where Tintin disguises himself as a General and keeps giving the officer detention.

Tintin getting himself commited by handing over a letter in Cigars of The Pharaoh.

Haddock trying to get Calculus' memory back by dressing up and stuff.

Least favourite moment is a tough one, there have been some. Yeh I think learning elephant is a bit of a weak moment as well

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!