Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Cigars of the Pharaoh: The change in Tintin's look?

Abdullah
#1 · Posted: 28 Sep 2005 20:31
In The Cigars of the Pharaoh, why does the Tintin drawing style suddenly change after the first few pages...?
From the Blue Lotus scrawny fellow to the more filled out and handsome Tintin we know ever since? Was there a time gap in Hergé's writing those pages?

I'd love to know why this is so...?

Thanks!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 28 Sep 2005 21:13
Although the story originally appeared in B&W between 1932 and 1934, earlier than Lotus, the colour album of Cigars wasn't done until 1955, by which point Hergé's drawing style was more refined.

You can find details like this in the Guides/ Lists sections of the site.
Harry Hayfield
#3 · Posted: 9 Feb 2012 12:45
jock123:
You can find details like this in the Guides/ Lists sections of the site.

I notice that there are a few pictorial gaps of Herge's appearances, may I be permitted to fill in those pictorial blanks?
jock123
#4 · Posted: 9 Feb 2012 13:19
Harry Hayfield:
may I be permitted to fill in those pictorial blanks?

Certainly - fire away! However, you would best be doing it over in this thread:
Tintin Books: People who make cameo appearances?

Oh, and a description will do - no need to post pictures at first.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!