Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Blake & Mortimer: The Cinebook Publications

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

blistering_barnacles
#1 · Posted: 14 Sep 2006 14:49
jock123
#2 · Posted: 14 Sep 2006 15:19
That’s interesting - I wonder if we will see the rest of the series this time?
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 15 Sep 2006 12:10
Thanks for the info! I wonder whether it was meant to tie in with the aborted film or whether it's related to the new DVD release. Probably the latter.

Anyway, it's about time!
blistering_barnacles
#4 · Posted: 18 Sep 2006 11:19
I've e-mailed the publishers asking if this was a one-off of that story (given the film), and to quote:

'No, it's not just a test, we've planned to publish other volumes of the Blake & Mortimer series.'

It looks like this might be the start of a run of volumes!
george
#5 · Posted: 24 Sep 2006 10:31
It looks like they're publishing some Biggles books as well - or at least one.

Amazon: Biggles Recounts: The Falklands War

You can preview the first few pages on French Amazon.

George
2Orangy4Crows
#6 · Posted: 24 Sep 2006 15:17
Excellent news! Shame they're not hardbacks but beggars can't be choosers. Now if only someone would release my beloved Valérian in English...
george
#7 · Posted: 30 Sep 2006 21:49
Now if only someone would release my beloved Valérian in English...

Well, Valerian hasn't done too badly when it comes to English-language translations. There must've been about seven volumes done in English and I think Heavy Metal once serialised it - though that might have covered the same ground as some of the paperbacks.
Olrik
#8 · Posted: 31 Oct 2006 19:41
Hello !
I'm french and i'd discover this forum about Tintin but not only. I read some posts about Blake and Mortimer, so i'm so glad.

I want to say to everyone who appreciate B&M that there's a french forum only about B&M : www.marquejaune.com
If you want to talk with us, we're very happy to communicate with english persons.
Best regards
mondrian
#9 · Posted: 4 Nov 2006 16:47
Been reading Blake & Mortimer every now and then and have to say it´s not my favourite. Drawing
is great, individual frames look fantastic but I feel there´s always too much going on. Too many
details in the pictures (which then suffer in small frames), too much text in the bubbles and too much technical explanation.
All those things combined harm the flow of the story and makes it rather hard to read.

In short, all the things that made Jacobs a great assistant for Hergé, made him an average storyteller on his own.
2Orangy4Crows
#10 · Posted: 5 Nov 2006 20:59
mondrian:
all the things that made Jacobs a great assistant for Hergé, made him an average storyteller on his own.

I wouldn't entirely agree - I think it's the meticulous detail in the drawings that makes B&M so distinctive and is a large part of the appeal for me.

I do agree with you about the text though - far too much description, most of it unnecessary. The concept of "show don't tell" never quite hit home with Jacobs.

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!