Characters by Name: H
Début: The Crab with the Golden Claws - Commander of the Karaboudjan.
- The Captain's first name is Archibald.
- The Captain is the President of the Society of Sober Sailors (S.S.S).
- For his contribution in toppling General Tapioca in Tintin and the Picaros, Haddock was promised to be decorated with the Order of San Fernando, by Alcazar.
- The Captain owns a Lincoln Zephyr, which can be seen in the Seven Crystal Balls).
- The Captain appears in every adventure, except the early ones: Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, Tintin in the Congo, Tintin in America, Cigars of the Pharaoh, The Blue Lotus, Tintin and the Broken Ear, and The Black Island.
Début: The Secret of the Unicorn - Sir Francis is a Captain in King Charles II's Navy, the Commander of Unicorn. Captain Archibald Haddock's ancestor.
Trivia: François de Hadoque in the French edition.
Début: King Ottokar's Sceptre - mentioned on page 28, frame 4 - The Lord Chamberlain of Syldavia. Baron Halmaszout is one of the many prominent men the newspapers have engaged Castafiore to.
Trivia: Not mentioned in the French edition.
Also appears in: Castafiore's Emerald
Hambalapur (The Maharajah of Hambalapur)
Debut: The Seven Crystal Balls - name mentioned on page 7, frame 11/D2 - The Maharajah of Hambalapur.
Début: The Blue Lotus - page 31, frame 4 - Japanese General whom Tintin disguised as to pass the Japanese security to reach the Shanghai International Settlement.
Début: The Red Sea Sharks - first seen on page 5, frame 14, but does not introduce himself until page 6, frame 1, as the servant to Prince Abdullah.
Début: The Shooting Star - page 14, frame 12/D1 (identified on page 22, frame 5/B2) - Villain. Man sent by Bolhwinkel to plant dynamite on the Aurora. Fortunately for the Aurora, Hayward bungled the job.
Début: The Black Island - mentioned on page 15 - Physician.
Début: Prisoners of the Sun - A High Priest of the Sun God. He planned the train accident that nearly killed Tintin, Snowy and Haddock as a punishment. However, after seeing how Tintin defended Zorrino from being ill-treated by the bullies, Huascar changed his mind about Tintin and gave him a life-saving talisman which came in very handy later on.