Characters by Name: R
Début: The Seven Crystal Balls - name appears on page 7, frame 8, and is first seen in frame 9 - Fakir.
Début: The Blue Lotus - page 2, frame 1 - Fakir, psychic.
Début: Tintin in America - page 34, frame 8 (name appears on page 36, frame 7) - The robber of the Old West Bank who swapped his boots with Tintin's and caused Tintin to be arrested by the American Police then kidnapped by a lynch mob.
Début: The Black Island - page 44, frame 3 - Gorilla of the Craig Dhui Castle.
Début: Tintin in America (nameless, frame 5, p57)
- Greek-American, first meets Tintin in Cigars of the Pharaoh (seen on page 3, frame 14; named on page 4, frame 4) .
- We first learn of his first name, Roberto, in The Blue Lotus (page 57, frame 6).
- Can be spotted in frame 5, page 57 of Tintin in America.
- Also known as the King of Cosmos Pictures.
- As Marquis di Gorgonzola (the shipping magnate; airline king; owner of Arabair; media and movie tycoon; dealer in pearls, weapons; and slave trafficker), his financial backing helped Sheik Bab El Ehr to topple Emir Ben Kalish Ezab, but not for long.
- Gorgonzola is a type of Italian cheese.
Début: The Secret of the Unicorn - page 21, frame 8 - Pirate.
Red Rackham (2)
Début: Red Rackham's Treasure - page 2, frame 12 (name appears on page 3, frame 8) - One of the many claimants to Red Rackham's fortunes.
Trivia: In French, Rackam-Lerouge: Rackam is the name of the men, Lerouge is the name of his wife.
Début: The Seven Crystal Balls - scholar who took part in the Sanders-Hardiman Expedition.
Trivia: A reedbuck is an antelope of the genus Redunca, of Africa. It has a buff-coloured coat and inward-curving horns.
Début: The Blue Lotus - first named on page 35, frame 17, and later appeared on page 35, frame 19 (man in trenchcoat). Detective of the Shanghai International Settlement Police.
Début: The Castafiore Emerald - page 22, frame 1 - Journalist/reporter of Paris-Flash.
Trivia: Rizotto sounds like risotto, an Italian rice dish.
Also appears in: The Black Island (page 61, frame 10), and Tintin and the Picaros (page 5, frame 8).
Début: The Black Island - page 62, frame 1 (bottom right hand photo, second from right) - One of the four police constables photographed with Tintin.
Début: The Broken Ear - page 32, frame 1 (man standing); name appears on page 31, frame 14 - Villain. Local thug, Trickler's right hand man.
Trivia: Trickler gives Rodriguez $10,000 to kill Tintin. Rodriguez proposes $5,000 to Pablo.
Début: Red Rackham's Treasure - first seen on page 56, frame 8/C1 (name mentioned on page 56, frame 3/A2; introduced himself to Captain Haddock on page 56, frame 9/C2) - Journalist from Daily Reporter doing a story on the Sirius’s expedition.
Trivia: In French, the reporter's name is Jules Rouget.